Monday, July 30, 2012

IMATS 2012

Once again the International Make up Artistry Trade Show rolled into town in Pasadena California, and once again I was in attendance for this fantastic show full of amazing Artists, classes and of course shopping!! Except this year I had the pleasure of attending as a Pro Card holder and got to enjoy all the perks that came along with the card. Such as Pro Night on Friday night. I gotta say it was nice to see the calm before the storm. I was able to shop in peace and take my time and even enjoy some pro night only specials that select vendors were offering! As an added bonus I was allowed to bring one guest to enjoy this experience with me. Awww pro night :)


My first purchase of IMATS 2012 at Pro Night was my Zuca Pro Kit


Pro Night Bevies with the Girls

Then came Saturday morning the first day of IMATS 2012 and yes just like last year the line curled around the convention center all the way to the Sherton hotel but thanks to my trusty lil Pro Card I was able to walk right in and was so grateful I didn't have to stand in line in the Pasadena heat. Talk about a change from the clam Pro Night experience! The convention center was booming with music and packed with patrons and their IMATS 2012 bags ready to get their shop on!!

This year at IMATS the cast from SyFy FACE OFF (my ULTIMATE FAV show) were in attendance this year as well as two of the shows Judges Glenn Hetchrick and Ve Neill! So needless to say this was shaping up to be a GREAT IMATS! Oh, did I mention they had a panel discussion and some of the contestants even were instructing a few classes! Yup! GREAT IMATS! Plus you could catch your favorite contestants and judges at various booths around the convention center. I gotta say it was such an honor to meet and chat with some the contestants from the show as well as meet Glenn Hetchrick and Ve Neill.

Ve Niell one of my idols
Glenn Hetchrick

Season 2 of FaceOff  Jerry and Winner Rayce

Cast members of Season 1 & 2 of SyFy's Original Series FaceOff

Another great thing at IMATS 2012. was how they opened up the exhibit hall full of all the monsters and prosthetics and connected it to the main floor with the rest of the vendors. They added SFX vendors, the Adobe Photoshop studio, a stage to display guest SFX artist in action, the student competition studio area and of course all the MONSTERS!! And speaking of monsters I had the honor of meeting Constance Hall, daughter of Cleve Hall aka The Monster Man.


The Wolf man and I just having a chat

Tea Time with Frankie
Constance Hall

As for my haul of goodies, well this year amongst many other awesome stuff I purchased just to name a few Yaby powders, Embryolisse skin care, NYX, MUFE, and Eve Pearl. My BIG purchase was my Zuca Pro Artist kit aka THE LIFE CHANGER!! All ready "Black Bettie" has made my life soo EASY!!

My Haul

As I say to all my fellow Artist and aspiring Artist IMATS is the place to be when it's in town. It's a great opportunity to learn from the best in the industry, gain knowledge and education on all aspects of makeup weather it be in class or from vendors, build/restock your kit, network and overall GET INSPIRED!! I had such an amazing time this year and met some great artists. The ladies who joined me for this trip this year were such great company and I couldn't have asked for a better group of girls to go with! I can't wait to do it again next year!! But don't forget though IMATS has switched its next year dates with London so next year IMATS LA will be JANUARY!! Hope to see you all there ;)

1 comment:

  1. Looks so much fun! I love when you goto IMATS because not only do you bring home the best products but I get to live vicariously through you! I know what a blast you and the girls had and I can't wait to join next time best!

    ReplyDelete