Saturday, February 25, 2012

Curling Wand Craze

So I'm sure we have all seen the unique curling wands in the stores, and I'm sure we have all looked at them and said "Hmmm That looks like too much work and I may burn my finger prints off or leave that annoying burn on the neck which everyone mistakes for an adolescent hickey!" Well I can assure it that it is easier then it looks and comes w/a heat safe glove! Which I am glad it did seeing as how the first time I used my wand I caught my ear with a little singe action, but the curls this thing gives is beyond BEAUTIFUL!! I'm sure the next thing you're asking is "Which one should I get??" Seeing as how there are a million and one different kinds out there. Well, I did some research and went with the Remeington T-Studio Pearl Ceramic Styling wand 1-1 1/2 inch barrel (the big one) It's pink and made with crushed pearls. It's heat goes up to 410 which is the same as any other kind of wand such as Babyliss, but I paid half the price! I got my Remeington T-Studio Wand at Target for $30.00 bucks! I KNOW RIGHT!! DEAL! It has a digital screen, came with a handy little heat glove (which is key so you can wrap your hair all the way to the ends) and the heat can be controlled so you can go up to 410 or as low as 360.

The Remington T-Studio Pearl Ceramic Styling Wand

Now I'm sure your next question is "Ok I bought it. So how do I use it??" First and foremost make sure you got some time and aren't in rush. I say this because at first it is a little awkward but once you find your groove you can speed through your hair fairly quick. Make sure you spray your hair with a heat protector since this thing gets so high in heat you want to protect your locks as best as you can. I then recommend sectioning your hair off and starting from the bottom and working your way up. Now when positioning the wand to wrap the hair around it I recommend two things
1. Position the wand w/the tip downward
2. Wrap the hair AWAY from your face that way it frames the face better

Wrap in sections

Also wrap your hair all the way to the ends if you don't you'll have some straggly ends which do no justice to the beautiful waves this wand produces. Now how long you hold your hair wrapped on the wand is how tight the curl will be so less time will be a light wave, more time a tighter wave/curl. Same goes for the thickness of the hair you decided to wrap. I went with different sizes and thickness to create more volume w/all the layers that are in my hair.  I know you may be inclined to want to break the wave right away with your fingers but DON'T! Wand your section, Spray with hairspray and move on to the next section. You want to allow the curl to cool and set before breaking them all up. So go through by section wrapping your hair down the wand, then spraying your section and moving on to the next. Once you finish your whole head I suggest waiting about 5-10 minutes plus to let your curls cool. This is a great time to do your makeup while you wait. Then go through and break the curls with your fingers and a pointed comb and finger style to your desired shape.

Use the point end of the Comb 

So the first time I used my wand my hair was about 2 days dirty and kinda limp b/c it had been in a bun/pony for those two days as well as air dried after the shower. I wasn't expecting much b/c my hair like I said was pretty limp that day but to my surprise it gave me FULL beautiful waves!! I seriously could have put my face on and went out with that hair! The picture below is my second time using the wand, but with clean hair. BAM! Gorgeous full waves for days!! I am sooo in LOVE w/this wand that I bought the smaller one as well to get those smaller layers. I can't wait to use these wands on my next client. So Ladies with all that being said GET CHA' WAND ON!!!



Sexy Smitten Kitten Hair 

No comments:

Post a Comment