Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wedding Day Bliss...A look into my Best's Girl's special day

As you all know I have been doing makeup for about 7 years now. I love what I do and am always confident in my work. Well about a month ago on August 6, 2011 was my Best Friend's wedding and I had the honor of being asked to not only be in her wedding (give in, duh!) But to do the makeup for herself, her mother and her bridal party. Now there have only been a couple times in my career that I have been nervous and you guessed it, this was ones of those times!! I wanted the makeup to be "HER" in every sense of the word. Now many of you may not know my Best but she is the funniest, quirkiest, beautiful soul, hippy (but not really) you'll every meet. She's a classic simple beauty who can make a t-shirt and jeans look dressed up and sexy. She has the best brows and lashes a girl would DIE for! So I wanted and NEEDED this make up to portray her as I see her..My Classic Beautiful Best.

Not the best pic of us but we don't judge



So on the eve before her wedding my best was so cool and collective looking as a classic beauty in her maxi dress at her wedding rehearsal. After the rehearsal and dinner the bridesmaids had a slumber party at Mom and Dad Phillips humble abode. I think it was the perfect way for all of us to pre celebrate the big festivities that were about to take place.

That morning I woke early before all the bridesmaids and Scooby aka Steven to get myself ready. As I walked to bathroom I walked past my best's room and she was there sitting up reading a magazine in bed  in her jammies and hair tied back. She looked so cute and calm and ready to be a bride.  I walked in and laid on the bed and we laughed and talked about all the fun she was gonna have in Europe (her honeymoon) and how today was HER day. All the planning, all the hard work and now it was time to ENJOY!! 

As the morning went on Mom aka Toni's dining room became a salon in a matter of minutes. Hair was being done and we were all inhaling massive amounts of hair spray that no normal human should ever inhale. I was rotating bridesmaids in and out of my chair and lashes were being applied all around. As I kept a close eye on my best she was so calm w/her check list in hand and making sure her dad loaded up the truck with all her carefully picked decorations. In her super cute little white "Mrs.Mikel" jump suit she was just so calm and organized and just taking in every moment with smiles and laughs.

Well the time had finally come, it was time for my best to take a seat in my chair. In all the years of our friendship I had never not once put a brush to her face. I had NEVER done my Best's makeup till now! It was emotional and we both looked at each other ready to cry. I said to her "Cry now because You can't once I start! Oh and put your list down and enjoy this, because this is your time to just be pretty." And I got down to work and did what I do best! I blended, highlighted and lined my heart out. In about 45 minutes we were done and it was exactly how I would have pictured her to look on her special day right down to the Hello Kitty peachy lipstick. I did it I portrayed how I wanted everyone to see my Best on her special day the way I see her as a Classic Beauty. 

This was a makeup that I felt every emotion in. Notice how she's holding my arm..Yup this melts my heart.

Such an honor to forever be apart of her wedding day
Just us enjoying our time


Timeless and Beautiful
My best











Wearing her Grandma's pearls



The Bridesmaids

Not only did her makeup portray her perfectly but everything about her and her future husband's wedding was true to their personalities right down to the shoes and socks.









So there you have it. My Best and her husband's wedding day and the special moment of 45 minutes that my Best and I shared. I can only hope that when she looks back at her wedding pictures she feels that I captured all of her in her makeup. 


Love you to the moon and back Bestest!

COPY RIGHT ALL PHOTOS BY D.LILLIAN PHOTOGRAPHY






























2 comments:

  1. Awwww that's super cute! Congratulations Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not ask for a better gift than the gift of our friendship! No matter our distance, I can always find you in my heart! You made me feel beautiful and timeless on the most Importiant day of my life.....and I could not have done it without you by my side! I love you to the moon and back! Always.

    ReplyDelete