Friday, July 29, 2011

My Balancing Act

So many of you may have wonder "WTHECK?? Where did the Makeup Artist Mama go??" O_O Well my oldest started Preschool, And the weeks and days leading up to it were CHAOTIC and EMOTIONAL!! I know I normally give you product review and tips but this time around I wanted to share with you our 1st week of preschool. Now what many of you don't know is that I have been a stay at home for 4 years and haven't ever lived close enough to family, so my boys have never even stayed with a sitter or at their grandparents house. So need less to say I was having a bit of anxiety leading up to the 1st day of preschool. Not because I don't think my oldest is socially or educationally ready but because he was now out of my protection!

So that morning when we woke up for his 1st day of school I was an emotional wreak trying to not cry in front of my son and just be positive and encouraging.   But I was terrified that he would be on his own and eating the school prepared food. He woke up excited and put on his new school clothes and Super Mario backpack that his GG (my mom) sent to him.

On our walk to school

That walk to school in the morning felt exceptional long and nerve racking to me. When we got there he was so excited and so proud of his cubby and little box inside of it and just as excited to empty the contents of his back pack into his cubby. I almost started crying because it was real he was now a BIG BOY. His little picture was in his cubby and his name, it was the start of his educational path. We got him situated and then headed out. That day felt like an eternity until I could go pick him up. I felt like the day was moving so slow!! When we finally went to go pick him up (a little early since it was his 1st day) he was mad! He was mad that we were there early he wanted to stay. He was so proud to tell me about the spider he painted, proud about his new friends, and about his seat at the lunch table. I felt so relived and so proud of him that he was taking ownership and proud of what was his. He was gaining his independence.

As the days have gone on he becomes more and more proud of all the new and exciting things he does on a daily basis at preschool. His TT Dyno was down for a visit and he was so excited to show her off and show her his cubby and his school playground.

Showing his TT Dyno his school

And on Thursday we went as a family and watched him participate in the PRESCHOOL SUMMER OLYMPICS.

Showing off his Sticker from the egg race

Getting ready for the Sack Race
So what I have learned through this 1st week of Preschool school and the HUGH transition our family has made is that I am proud that my son is taking ownership and proud of his new experiences. He's gaining his independence and enjoying himself. When we named our kids it wasn't to be cool or make a statement, all the boys names are really meaningful and have a story. We got so much sh*t from both our parents about their names, but we just shot back with "you had your turn your done now sit down thank you!" We explained to them, our children will grow up and be proud of their name, their identity and them selves, and to see it all happening is amazing and emotional all at the same time. I am they type of artist that I will not put my name on something if I am not proud of it, and I will not recommend something if it's not of quality or more important beneficial to you. To see my child taking pride in even something as small as his cubby makes me a proud mama bear and feel that I am doing right by my sons, showing them to take pride in your self, your experiences and what you do. I know this will be beneficial for them as they grow up in this world and start their path down this thing we call life.

‎"Instant availability without continuous presence is probably the best role a mother can play." ~Lotte Bailyn

No comments:

Post a Comment