Monday, August 20, 2012

Is the Beauty Blender worth all its Hype???

  I know you all have seen it, this egg shaped bright pink sponge that is re usable. It hit the market a few years back and has been a "must have" to professional artists and makeup lovers since. See, but I wasn't sold on it at first. I'm not a huge fan of sponges. I have thousands of dollars in top quality brushes, why would I use a sponge?!?

  The hype over this little pink egg shaped sponge intrigued my curiosity and I had to find out for myself if it was really what everyone was making it out be! So I logged onto Naimie's, one my local makeup emporiums, and bought the two pack. When I received it in the mail I thought to myself "A reusable sponge, hmmm ewwww, but let's try this out!"

Cute package and The color PINK can grab any gal's attention!

  So, I took those little bad boys out of the package and pulled out some of my foundation and gave it a go! I decided to use my MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Fluid with it. I damped the sponge as suggested then misted it with my MAC Cosmetics Fix+ Spray. I then put a few drops of the foundation on the back of my hand and sprayed it down with my Fix+ spray. I do this with studio fix fluid b/c it is on the thicker side and by spraying it down with Fix+ spray it gives it a lighter feeling on the skin and it gives off a more natural dew but still with great coverage! ANYWAYS back to the sponge. I dipped the BB (Beauty Blender) into my foundation mixture and started to stipple it on my face.


MAC Cosmetics Fix+ Spray, MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Fluid and the BB


  UMMM it was like LOVE at first sight! It gave off a beautiful, flawless, airbrush like effect with out me having to use my airbrush. I was amazed and sold all at once!! The HYPE was TRUE!


These are untouched unfiltered pictures the one on the left is with a flash the one on the right is with out a flash

  After I came off cloud 9 about this amazing little egg shaped fabulousness in a sponge I then thought about cleaning, sanitizing and cost.True, I do get a Pro Discount at a lot of places but for those that don't this little magic sponge could be a bit on the pricey side for some. So here's a few details about it

1. It's said to last 3 months
2. You HAVE to clean it after every use and you can buy a combo of one BB and the cleanser at Sephora or for professionals apply for the Naimie's Pro card and get a deal on them
3. The cleaning seems a bit time consuming but it's really not after doing it a few times it becomes part of your daily makeup routine.

  What about the knockoff brands you ask?? Well I wanted to try the REAL DEAL first and to be honest any knock off brand has a lot to live up to after using the real thing!! But if I find one that can compare to the BB and I'm not just talking color or shape I'm talking quality I will be sure to let you all know ;) but till then my recommendation to all of you weather you're a professional or just a lover of makeup the BB is a must have for yourself, your kit, your mama and grandma!! BLEND ON MY FRIENDS!!


My makeup still looked flawless at the Giants game in the San Diego heat (untouched unfiltered photo)

1 comment:

  1. Amazing.. I'll try it out myself this is the first time i encountered an egg shaped sponge used for make up. beautyincolors.com

    ReplyDelete